I specialize in working with couples who have drifted apart and are having a difficult time navigating their way back together. Often we don’t even know it’s happened, until decades later we suddenly realize that we’re miles apart. Maybe you’re beat down from difficult years of parenting, competing in life’s rat race, or brutally had your trust broken. Or maybe it’s a tough transition to a new season of life, like empty nest, grieving a loss, retiring, or you’ve lost all your resiliency being jerked around with the pandemic.
Sadly, many adults have forgotten who they are.
I naturally recognize, cultivate and celebrate an individual’s strengths and potential. My clients get to know themselves more fully and adjust their lives to relieve stress and manage their energy. With new coping skills they feel stronger to live life more intentionally. As I integrate clinical and coaching skills, my clients feel heard, seen and develop more control. They know that I am in their corner!
I love seeing a spark reignite in my clients after they’ve almost lost hope. Most show amazing courage and reap the benefit of growing stronger and can often rekindle a safe connection with their person.
Personally, I have been married to my best friend for over 40 years, even through some tough seasons! I have been in ministry for over 3 decades, and continue to invest in pastors/wives and staff. I’m grateful for 4 successfully launched children and 13 wonderful grandchildren!
Being a child of God is a huge part of my identity, both humbling and empowering! If requested, I can integrate both clinical and spiritual truths. I know that life isn’t about me and consider it a great honor and privilege to rekindle Hope, Growth and Healing.
If the time is right for you to get professional help, I hope you’ll call. I think you’ll be glad you did.
Education and Certifications
- Relationship and Emotion Coaching
- Additional Training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- SYMBIS – premarital counseling “Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts”
- Prepare/Enrich Premarital and Marital online assessment
- Deep Love – tool to assess and develop a more intimate relationship
- GiANT Leadership Training
- Bachelors of Arts, Psychology, Azusa Pacific University
- Master’s Degree, Counseling Psychology, National University
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- CAMFT (California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists)
- AACC (American Association of Christian Counselors)
- ICEEFT (International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Excel Leadership Network
- Creekside Counseling Associates for almost 2 decades